Spring has arrived, and it’s time to take care of the seasonal maintenance on your motorhome. The RV experts at All Valleys RV Storage want you to enjoy a trouble-free season, and that starts by addressing some simple upkeep on your rig. This pre-trip checklist can be used any time you are taking your RV out of storage and hitting the road.
- Remove cover and store. Give your RV a thorough exterior wash.
- Take care of indoor housekeeping such as vacuuming, dusting, and window washing. Double-check cabinet doors, drawers, and latches. Test smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors, replacing batteries annually.
- Perform a visual inspection of the exterior by looking for leaks, cracks or separations, or any loose parts. Don’t forget to open slide-outs and awnings to check for signs of mold, mildew, or damage, and clean them as needed.
- Check headlights, taillights, and turn signals. If you’re towing your RV, make sure your hitch and towing system are in good order.
- Check propane levels and valves.
- If you’re not mechanically inclined, have a professional take care of the mechanical maintenance at an RV service center. This will include everything from examining tire pressure and wear to checking motor oil, transmission oil, brake fluid, engine coolant, power steering fluid, and much more.
If you’re looking for more detailed checklists, there are many online. The RV Spring Preparation Checklist by Mark Pollock is quite thorough, as is the Fifthwheel Departure Checklist infographic on RV Forum.
At All Valleys RV Storage in Simi Valley, not only do we offer outdoor boat storage and RV storage, we also take pride in providing maintenance and services on-site for your convenience. We have a user-friendly self-serve area for those wanting to do the maintenance and cleaning on their own, in addition to our professional full-service features. We even install RV solar panels, so you can harvest the energy of the sun to power your home on wheels. Let us help you get your motorhome into top shape so you can get on the road in a jiffy – contact us today at (805) 579-6192.