Now that you’ve decided you want to hit the road in an RV, the question arises: should you buy a motorhome or rent one? Consider these tips from All Valleys RV Storage of Simi Valley, California before you embark on your next great adventure.
Advantages of Renting an RV
- When renting an RV, the maintenance and repairs are not your responsibility. You can just pick up, get on the road, and get on with your holiday. Additionally, a dependable RV rental company will offer roadside assistance as part of their rental package.
- For short-term trips once or twice a year, the rental fee would likely be less expensive than owning your own, insuring it, and maintaining it.
- Renting on a few different occasions will give you the opportunity to try before you buy. This way, you get a real sense of what you like and dislike before making a major long-term investment if you choose to buy later on.
- RV rental units usually come furnished with kitchen ware, linens, and towels. There is sometimes a small fee but that would be less expensive than having to fully furnish your own motorhome.
Advantages of Buying an RV
- When you own your own home on wheels, you can personalize it, furnish it, decorate it, and make it as comfortable and homey as you like.
- Owning your own RV means you can be as spontaneous as you like. You never have to worry about mileage limits, other people’s timelines, return dates or hours of operation.
- With ownership comes responsibility. Some people might shy away from that but for others, it’s comforting to know the maintenance history of their RV. By knowing that all of the repairs and maintenance have been done and that the vehicle has been properly stored, you can feel comfortable that your motorhome will be in the best condition possible for your next trip.
- What it really comes down to when deciding whether to rent or buy an RV is how frequently you plan to use it. If this is a short vacation, a rental will be better, but in the long-term, if you are enjoying the RV lifestyle and want to take full advantage of it, owning your own home away from home is going to work out in your favor.
If you do decide to buy and are in Simi Valley, CA or the surrounding areas in Ventura County, keep in mind that All Valleys RV Storage provides safe and private outdoor RV storage and boat storage. In addition to our large storage lot, we offer a variety of services including detailing and maintenance for both our monthly patrons and the general public. Contact our office today at (805) 579-6192 to find out more.