Fall is just around the corner, but that doesn’t mean your RV trips need to come to an end. Taking your motorhome out in the fall can be a beautiful way to enjoy the changing leaves and crisp autumn weather. The RV experts at All Valleys RV Storage want you to enjoy trouble-free trips, and that starts by addressing some simple upkeep on your rig. Even if you’ve been taking trips all summer long, this pre-trip checklist will come in handy before you hit the road again this fall.
- Take your RV out of storage, and remove the cover. Make sure you give your rig a thorough exterior wash.
- Take stock of everything inside your motorhome. Vacuum, dust, and wash the windows, then double-check the cabinet doors, drawers, and latches. Finally, don’t forget to check your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors, and replace the batteries every year.
- Inspect the exterior of your motorhome, look for leaks, cracks or separations, or any loose parts. Don’t forget to open slide-outs and awnings to check for signs of mold, mildew, or damage, then clean them as needed.
- Check headlights, taillights, and turn signals. Also, if you’re planning to tow your RV, make sure your hitch and towing system are in good working order.
- Check propane levels and valves.
- It’s also a good idea to have a professional take care of the mechanical maintenance at an RV service center. They will check everything from the tire pressure and wear to the motor oil, transmission oil, brake fluid, engine coolant, power steering fluid, and much more.
At All Valleys RV Storage in Simi Valley, we offer outdoor RV and boat storage, and we also provide convenient maintenance and services on-site. Our user-friendly self-service area is available for those who prefer to do their own maintenance and cleaning. We even install RV solar panels so you can use the energy of the sun to power your home away from home. Let us help you get your motorhome ready for all those fall trips you’re planning. Contact us today at (805) 579-6192.